How to automate the GDPR compliance of your free comment areas?
It is possible to accelerate and simplify your GDPR compliance. To do this, first determine the actions to be taken. Many tools facilitate the automation of repetitive tasks. Natural language recognition in particular will simplify the moderation of free-form fields.
Identify the compliance actions to implement
You will need to audit the data already collected and review the processes in place to avoid future collection of problematic comments. Your action plan will therefore include the following tasks:
- Identifying internal tools that allow for free-form data entry
- Disabling any unused fields to reduce risk
- Auditing existing comments and moderating inappropriate or illegal comments
- Raising awareness among employees who use these internal tools and disseminating best practices on how to use input fields.
AI and plug and play: automate your compliance
The General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) is applicable to all personal data processing implemented by all departments. This includes free comment areas. It therefore requires the fulfillment of numerous legal obligations in terms of data protection by the data controller.
Fortunately, this does not require that you allocate massive amounts of human resources either in your business or compliance teams.
Many solutions that industrialize processes and automate the execution of repetitive tasks are available. They come in the form of turnkey tools and plugins that are easy to implement on your websites and tools:
- Personal data classification tools
- Collaborative registers of data processing applied in the company
- Preference management centers that handles requests to unsubscribe from commercial mailing lists or certain GDPR rights (portability, access, rectification of data, etc.
- Cookie management modules
- Automatic audit tools for website and mobile application compliance
- Chatbots and e-learning tools for employee awareness
- And more
NLP to automatically analyze your free fields
Natural Language Processing (NLP) allows for the computer analysis of free-form comment fields and their understanding by machine. Beyond the simple detection of keywords, NLP also allows the understanding of, for example, turns of phrase or idiomatic expressions.
The machine is thus able to detect risky texts and assign them a categorization which corresponds to a task to be performed.
- It will scan existing comments to detect problematic text.
- It will simplify team awareness by providing live moderation of any new comments added. Non-compliance alerts can then be distributed to customer advisors, whether internal or outsourced, to people in charge of personnel management or payroll.
A content analysis module can be integrated into your CRM and other HRIS software. Simple tasks are delegated to the machine, like issuing alerts on a comment, or possibly blocking the use of certain types of words during input.
Your teams in charge of moderation save time. They will be solicited in a more relevant way, only on comments that pose a problem.